Boca Raton, FL -- Over 130 food and wine lovers celebrated at Bacchus Beckons--the official launch party for the 2019 Boca Bacchanal--at Saks Fifth Avenue in Boca Raton, Florida, on February 12, 2019. Party guests enjoyed a wide array of passed hors d'oeuvres along with a fabulous selection of wines from vintner partners, at stations that were set-up on the beautifully decorated second floor of the store. Supporters also had the opportunity to look at a the uber exclusive 2018 McLaren 720S, courtesy of Excell Auto Group, and to enjoy complimentary makeup applications from SFA makeup artists at the party.
Hank Jawhari, president of the Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum, presented the Vntner Dinner hosts and the chef and vintner pairings. The Vintner Dinners, which are an extremely popular part of each year's Boca Bacchanal, will be held at private residences and historic locations on Friday, April 5, 2019. Boca Bacchanal co-chairs Heather Shaw--vice president and general manager of Saks Fifth Avenue Boca Raton--and Samantha Vassallo welcomed all of the guests and thanked the event sponsors. This year, the 17th annual Boca Bacchanal will be held at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, from April 4-6, 2019, and will benefit educational programs of the Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum.
As a clever twist, the Vintner Dinner hosts, chefs, and vintners, were revealed on "menus" that were attached to oversized black and white sketches of chefs. Guests were also encouraged to choose which Vintner Dinner, that they would prefer to attend, during the festive party.
BRHS&M Director Mary Csar states, "There was a lot of energy at this launch party -- people were really excited about the Vintner Dinners, and all of the other events that will be part of this year's Boca Bacchanal. It was quite gratifying to speak with so many people and hear how they have been attending--and enjoying--this event for so many years. We are also excited about the new events, that we have added to the lineup, and to having three of our events at the lovely Boca Raton Resort & Club."
People may choose to attend one of the following Vintner Dinners:
1. Hosts: Barbara and Bobby Campbell; Vintner: Janet Pouchot of Craggy Range Vineyards in New Zealand; Chef Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boite in New York City and Chef Justin Smillie of Upland in New York City and Miami
2. Hosts: Joyce and Thom De Vita and Joni and Al Goldberg; Vintner: Teresa D'Aurizio of ZD Wines of Napa, California; and Chef Matt Gennuso of Chez Pascal in Providence, Rhode Island
3. Hosts: Maria and Todd Roberti; Vintner Allen Papp of Darioush Winery in Napa, California; and Chefs Brian and Shanna O'Hea of Academe at The Kennebunk Inn in Kennebunk, Maine
4. Hosts: Holly and David Meehan; Vintner Jeff Flood of Silver Oak Cellars and Twomey Cellars in Napa, California; and Chef Russ Aaron Simon of GG's Waterfront in Hollywood, Florida
5. Hosts: Diane and Robert Bok; Vintner: Guillaume Large of Maison Louis Jadot in Burgundy, France, and Resonance Winery in Willamette Valley, Oregon; and Chef Adam Jakins of Halls Chophouse in Charleston, South Carolina
In addition to the Vintner Dinners, this year's enticing Boca Bacchanal will include Bubbles & Burgers on Thursday evening, April 4, 2019, with a variety of gourmet burgers, wines, and Champagnes served at the resort's Beach Club; a VIP Party on Saturday evening, April 6, 2019, with a dockside reception at the resort with a tour of a 90-foot yacht; and The Grand Tasting, the festival's signature event held at the resort's Great Hall, also on Saturday evening, April 6, 2019. The Grand Tasting will afford guests with the opportunity to enjoy a unique dinner-by-the-bite--via small plates from over 25 South Florida restaurants--and the ability to sample from over 130 wines and Champagnes.
Tickets, to Bubbles & Burgers, are $75, per person; tickets to the Vintner Dinners are $350, per person; tickets to the VIP Party are $75, per person; and tickets to the Grand Tasting are $125, per person. (Tickets, to the VIP Party, are only available to individuals who also purchase tickets to The Grand Tasting.) To purchase a ticket(s), please phone the BRHS&M at 561.395.6766, Ext. 101, or visit 71 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton, Florida, or go to www.bocabacchanal.com
The Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to preserving the past to enrich the future. Now in its 46th year, the BRHS&M actively promotes historic preservation and education through its archival services, guided tours, and educational programs. Additional information is available at www.bocahistory.org
Media Contact: Sharon Levinsohn, Cell: 561.512.8221, email@example.com