Boca Raton, Fl – February 1, 2011 - The Boca Bacchanal Committee will toast the era of South Florida’s legendary Mango Gang chefs at the 9th Annual Boca Bacchanal. Planned for March 18-20th in Boca Raton, the popular food and wine weekend benefits the Historic Preservation and Heritage Education Programs of the Boca Raton Historical Society. Festivities will be launched on Friday evening with a series of Vintner Dinners, pairing the presenting chefs and vintners who combine their talents to create delicious dinners paired with “top of the portfolio” wines.
The announcement was made at the annual Pairings Party hosted by the Raton Resort & Club, Executive Chef Andrew Roenbeck and Comerica Bank. At the party, attended by Vintner Dinner hosts, event partners, committee members and enthusiastic patrons, guests enjoyed a sumptuous array of hors d’ oeuvres and a variety of wines provided by Founding Partner, Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC).
In celebrating the era of the Mango Gang Chefs Boca Bacchanal honors the handful of innovative culinarians who created South Florida’s distinctive regional cuisine during the 1980’s bringing an international spotlight to the area.
They also inspired countless young chefs who have continued their tradition of excellence. These innovative chefs had the vision and talent to utilize fresh local produce, the bounty from Florida’s waters, and the influences of our geography and rich cultural mix to create a unique style of cooking. They were dubbed “the Mango Gang” by the national food media as their acclaim began to take the culinary world by storm.
Boca Bacchanal Honorary Chairmen Betsy Fletcher and Skipp Jackman, along with Chairmen Kate and Ted Toomey, also recognized the Boca Bacchanal Vintner Dinner hosts, who soon will be welcoming the presenting chefs and vintners to their homes to create memorable evenings of sensational food and wine.
“We are so grateful for the generosity of our gracious hosts and event partners, who completely underwrite the Vintner Dinners so that we can donate 100% of the proceeds to the Boca Raton Historical Society,” Kate Toomey said. “This year, in addition to private estate homes which are magnificent venues, for the first time ever, one of the dinners will be hosted at the elegant Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club.”
The Boca Bacchanal Committee has invited a Mango Gang sextet of talented Vintner Dinner chefs to Boca Bacchanal. “We give great attention to how we match the chefs with the vintners so that each complements the other’s distinctive style, and then we name each dinner just to make it more fun,” said Chris Kearney of RNDC and the Wine Advisory Chairman of Boca Bacchanal. “Then the chefs create their menu and work with the vintner to pair each course with the perfect wine, bearing in mind that each vintner is pouring the top of their portfolio. The result is an amazing collaboration.”
The three-day affair will feature the Friday evening Vintner Dinners and a Sunday alfresco Grand Tasting at Mizner Park Amphitheatre. The event’s centerpiece, The Bacchanal & Auction will comprise a wine and spirits reception presented by the Vintner Dinner Chefs and Vintners, a silent and live auction and a lavish dinner. It will take place Saturday evening at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, where patrons of the auction will vie for a host of rare wines and superb lifestyle lots.
In addition to new partners Comerica and JM Lexus, other partners include Republic National Distributing Company, The Boca Raton Resort & Club, Boca Raton Magazine, Cendyn, Carla Marsh Public Relations, Crown Wine & Spirits, Publix Supermarkets Charities, City of Boca Raton, Palm Beach County Cultural Council and the Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council. Promotional Partners are Atlas Party Rental, Boca Raton Museum of Art, and livingfla.com.
For more information on Boca Bacchanal, such as event schedules, profiles of participating chefs and vintners, or to inquire about event partnerships or volunteer opportunities, and to order tickets, please contact the Boca Raton Historical Society at 561.395.6766 X 101 or visit the event website at www.bocabacchanal.com.
- Davey Crockett Rocks His Bacchus
- Chef - Robbin Haas - Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club Resort, Montauk, NY; Bistro Cinq, Antigua Guatemala
- Vintner - Fess Parker Winery & Vineyards, Santa Barbara, CA, represented by Blair Fox
- Venue - Bob Campbell
- California Wine Dude Seeks Gables Cutie for Spicy Mango Tango
- Chef - Cindy Hutson - Ortanique on the Mile, Coral Gables, FL
- Vintner - Spring Mountain Vineyard, Napa Valley, CA, represented by Jac Cole
- Venue - Joni and Al Goldberg with Joyce and Thom Devita
- Ooo La La! Chef Oliver’s Culinary French Kiss
- Chef - Oliver Saucy, Darrel & Oliver’s Café Maxx, Pompano Beach, FL
- Vintner - Maison Louis Jadot, Burgundy, France, represented by Jacques Lardiere
- Venue - Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club hosted by Sharon & Bill Shubin, Kate & Ted Toomey, Denise & Lou Bachrodt, Ann & Charlie Rutherford and Amy & Mike Kazma
- A Hall in the Court of the Mango King
- Chef - Allen Susser, Chef Allen’s, Aventura, FL
- Vintner - Hall Winery, Napa Valley, CA , represented by Kathryn Hall
- Venue - Peggy Henry
- Bubbles d’Cuba!
- Chef - Douglas Rodriguez, D. RodriguezCuba; Ola at Sanctuary, Miami Beach, FL
- Vintner - Champagne Taittinger, Reims, France represented by Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger
- Venue - Lisa and Derek Vander Ploeg with Comerica Wealth Management
- Mango Gangsta’ and his Napa Valley Moll Score Tasty Boca Hit
- Chef - Mark Militello
- Vintner - ZD Wines, Napa Valley, CA represented by Rosa Lee deLeuze
- Venue - Marta and Jim Batmasian with Suzanne Klein